filtering Qty In Sales Order from Ext Doc No (Sales Header)

bangswitbangswit Member Posts: 265
how to setrange Qty In Sales Order from table item from External Doc Number (sales Header) ??

Answers

• SLF25SLF25 Member Posts: 37
    You can't do it that way without making a mess out of your database, I would try to solve this requirement with a report or something like that.
  • bangswitbangswit Member Posts: 265
    or.... does anyone of you know how to grouping??
    like in sql syntax using GROUP BY
  • kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
    Hi bangswit....

What I believe is you should use appropriate dataitems for your use of report...!!

You are just using Item as a DataItem and you want it by Location and Ext. Doc. No...!!!

So things will not go smoothly because, External Document No is in Header Table whereas Quantity will be in Line table....!!

If you want to go only this way, you have to put filter on Sales Header as per your location code,

then you have to go for another salesheader variable for Grouping External Document No. where you have to check conditions that External Doc No should not be same for different customers....!! and once the ex. doc. no. is counted should not be counted again for outer loop...!!!

And based on what SalesHeader you get, you have to find SalesLine, and then do sum of Quantity....

Do you believe this way is smooth...!!!!!!!??? if you can go through complex code, carry on....

Else I advise you to use more than one dataitem for your purpose....!!!!!
    Thanks,

Kashyap
    do you know how to grouping ???
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Let's go back to square one: do you want to FLOWfilter the "qty on sales order" FLOWfield on item table with the external document no? If so, do you know what is flowfield and flowfilter?If you do know it, you'll notice that the definition of the qty on sales order flowfield does not provide the "external document no." filter.
    You can create a some fields on the item table to get what you want (but you have to know what you're doing, because it's a relatively easy work, but you can cause serious performance issues due to new SUM flowfields that must be updated).
    Otherwise, use a report.
    GROUPING in a report is documented in the manuals, where it is explained better than we will ever be able to do :wink:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • klavinklavin Member Posts: 117
    I agree with Belias, the thing we're really missing is what you are trying to do so we can offer a decent suggestion.
    -Lavin
    "Profanity is the one language all programmers know best."
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    bangswit wrote:
    how to setrange Qty In Sales Order from table item from External Doc Number (sales Header) ??

Would you explain it more detail?
    Regards,
    Andwian
    the problem is already solved
    all i want is just want to create report using table item
    but i want to filter it by Ext Doc No as a parameter
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    bangswit wrote:
    if you just have said it in the beginning...
    DATAITEMS
    sales header - with reqfilterfields external document no.
    ->sales line
    ->->item
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    bangswit wrote:

So don't forget to mark it as solved, luke! =D>
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Andwian wrote:
    bangswit wrote:

So don't forget to mark it as solved, luke! =D>

He??
    how to mark it
    sorry i never mark it
    bangswit wrote:
    He??
    how to mark it
    sorry i never mark it
    Forum Rules No. 3.9
    So you find a new "toy", and let's get the solved topics, get it's [SOLVED] attribute.
    This will help us to sort the SOLVED topics, and skip it for giving any solution, and will be useful for someone that want the resolution.

This is also could be a feedback for Administrator, that it is quite "hard" to "SOLVED" it. :mrgreen:
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Andwian wrote:
    bangswit wrote:
    He??
    how to mark it
    sorry i never mark it
    Forum Rules No. 3.9
    So you find a new "toy", and let's get the solved topics, get it's [SOLVED] attribute.
    This will help us to sort the SOLVED topics, and skip it for giving any solution, and will be useful for someone that want the resolution.

This is also could be a feedback for Administrator, that it is quite "hard" to "SOLVED" it. :mrgreen:

Done!
    thanks Andwian
    You are most welcome!
    Regards,
    Andwian