How to set VAT percentage by 15% in navision?

brijeshvaidyabrijeshvaidya Member Posts: 50
Hello,
I am very new to navision financial setup,

I have to set the VAT percentage <%VAT> value by default is 15%, for all the items, services,
etc.

after that, if in case it changes(VAT %) it will be easy to change at one location, and it will affect the whole navision...

so, how do i achieve this?,

thanks in advance..
Brijesh Vaidya
Sr. Software Engineer
India

Comments

• ajaykt_2000ajaykt_2000 Member Posts: 81
    dear Brijesh
    clear your query again. You want to set vat percent @ 15% Default value for all item or some specific location.
    What exactly you want to do.
    ajay k tripathi
    Functional Consultants
  • santa100santa100 Member Posts: 8
    When you are making orders you have to select which combination of VAT Bus. Posting Group and VAT Prod. Posting Group will you post by. This combo determines what % VAT will be posted in VAT entry table. You can set properties of this combination in form 472, the form is called VAT Posting Setup.
    Items usually have VAT Prod. Posting Group set on them so that when you make order this value is copied in the same record in order window.
    If you want to find out which VAT Prod. Posting Group does item in question uses just look on the card of the item in tab posting in record name VAT Prod. Posting Group, than you go and set VAT % in appropriate combos of vat posting groups like i mentioned before
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Hello,
    I am very new to navision financial setup,

I have to set the VAT percentage <%VAT> value by default is 15%, for all the items, services,
    etc.

after that, if in case it changes(VAT %) it will be easy to change at one location, and it will affect the whole navision...

so, how do i achieve this?,

thanks in advance..

If you are new to financial setup then let somebody experienced manage the same. In addition do not configure VAT Bussiness and Product Posting Group if its a Indian client and instead configure Sales Tax Module.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • brijeshvaidyabrijeshvaidya Member Posts: 50
    Thank you both of you (ajaykt_2000, santa100), i got my solution.

Now, my next question is that,
    in the sales invoice i have to show the two amount data, 1)amount due now and 2)amount due on 20-august-2010,

Scenario 1:
    I created the sales order then post and then calculate the vat, discount, Payment made against the invoice(using cust. ledger entry), now i have to show amount due now and amount due on 20-august-2010(or no. of days that assigned in the terms condition).
    There are some different payment schedules, Partial payment, full payment, balance is due on 60days, etc.
    Process:Sales order->post->posted sales invoice->report ->206-Sales - Invoice

From where i have to fetch this information from navision into the 206 report?

Thx in advance..
    Brijesh Vaidya
    Sr. Software Engineer
    India
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    NAV standard does not provide payment terms slabs. You need to customize the same.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in