IS IT possible to RUN FORM from ONLOOKUP trigger of page

te6te6 Member Posts: 89
edited 2010-08-24 in NAV Three Tier
hi all,

i have a small doubt,

can i run a FORM from ONLOOKUP trigger of PAGE or is there any possibility to run form from a page..

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    first(and more important): why?
    second: there's a well known work around to do this...you have to run a report without RTC layout (this would "virtually" open the classic client)...then, in the onprereport trigger, run the form (you can also quit the report, but this is optional, if you set it processingonly).
    Be careful that a user running this classic form will suck up an additional license
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • te6te6 Member Posts: 89
    Hi Belias,

thank for the reply. :D

Actually, this is because of the License issue. the user has limit number of objects. so thought like this. But again this even linked to License.

have to check with user Nw :lol:
    te6 wrote:
    Hi Belias,

thank for the reply. :D

Actually, this is because of the License issue. the user has limit number of objects. so thought like this. But again this even linked to License.

have to check with user Nw :lol:
    can you explain better, please?did you finish the available pages, so you want to start to use forms? :shock:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    better tell your customer to extend the license. Pages are not so expensive
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    Is it only if a classic FORM is run that an additional user license is consumed? Running a report from the RTC without an RTC layout (so the classic report layout is used) won't consume an additional user license, correct?
    no, it's not correct. If you run a report with classic layout only (the report mustn't be processingonly) one license is used, but only one additional license. this means that if you run a from from the report, the licenses used by the user are still 2: one for RTC client and one for classic client. You can check it out from classic client, viewing the active sessions (do it to be sure of what i told, because it's a lot of time i don't use this workaround)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog