Options

Security Filters

mccizmt2mccizmt2 Member Posts: 21
Hi,

I'm trying to set security filters and I have the following problem. On the sales receipt journal it allows users to post to five different types of account: G/L, Bank, Customer, Vendor and Fixed Asset... I want only a certain group to be able to use the options Bank Account and Customer. I can filter so that they can use one, but can't seem to filter for two.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    How do you apply security filters in the selection?

If you use SETFILTER the you can use the | to seperate two values of the filter, it is used as an OR expression.

i.e. on OpenForm
    Rec.FILTERGROUP(6);
    Rec.SETFILTER("Bal. Account Type",'G/L Account|Customer');
    Rec.FILTERGROUP(0);

• Options
    I am setting the security filters through Tools--> Security--> Roles--> Permissions--> Set Filter Column.

Not through any programming as we don't have a developers license.
  • Options
    Hi,

Why don't you enter to the security filter:
    Gen. Journal Batch: Bal. Account Type=Bank Account|Customer

instead of
    Gen. Journal Batch: Bal. Account Type=Bank Account

• Options
    Hi,

This does not work either as it reads the
    bank account|customer

as one validation not an or statement. I tried to write is as follows
    "Bank account"|"Customer"

and now it reads the | as an invalid character.
  • Options
    Hi,

I tried it at the srvice item group code in the SM-ServiceItem role and picked two values and seperated them with '|'.

I also tried it at the G/L-JOURNAL role at the Gen. Journal Batch table data and setted Security filter (copy/pasted here):

Gen. Journal Batch: Bal. Account Type=G/L Account|Customer

and when the user looks up in the Batch Name through the G/L - General Journal, it shows only the Batches of type G/L Account and Customer.

why don't you copy paste the green statement above to your security filter... Remember that the user that has the role, must Logoff/Logon.

I am using ver GR 3.70.A (3.70.A).
  • Options
    jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    :idea:

I just tried and it works well like Arhontis said.
    This could be a case sensitive in your db setting.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Warning! Security filters for flowfilter is not working as far as 3.70B! (in NA 4.00 it is not OK too but I don't know from which build it is corrected)

I know, that you are not using it, but only for your information (the security filter example from the documentation is not working...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hi Kine,

Thanks for the info...
    :D:D

Since Security Filter is not working, is there a replacing functionality or is it a bug?

MBS know about that? :roll:

(In Greece we haven't got 3.70 SP2 yet)
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, it is a bug. I sent it to MS... they sent me the finsql.exe from 3.70B and it is working now...

Try to use only finsql.exe from SP2... there are no other changes (we don't have SP2 in Czech too)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I did synchronise the first time and I was also careful with the syntax, however i've just tried applying the filter in a slightly different way and it now works.

It didn't work when I typed it straight into the filter field, but if I use the assist button, select the field and the first value that I wish to filter by then type | and the second, it now works.

Fustrating, but I can't see what I did wrong the first time, i've not really done anything differently in terms of syntax used this time round.

Cheers for the help