Missing GL Entries [Case Closed]

OMMOMM Member Posts: 17
Hi Expert,

I am using NAV AP 4.0 (SP0).

I had run the Adjust Cost-Item Entries and Post Inventory Cost to GL, and when I navigate from the Item Ledger Entry, I can only see two tables name displayed from Navigate window, i.e. Item Ledger Entry and Value Entry, GL Entries is missing. However when I navigate to the Value Entry, I can find the value recorded next to G/L Entry No. (Account) & G/L Entry No. (Bal. Account) field, and that two GL Entry No were actually exist in GL Entry table, and posted with the correct value as per ILE & Value Entry, just I cannot see the "GL Entry" from Navigate window. This only happen to some ILE.

Is anyone has any idea?

Many thanks

Comments

• prototyperprototyper Member Posts: 70
    We had a simular issue with missing VLEs from the ILE in Nav 4.0.
    The VLE records existed but were missing from the VLE "Item Ledger Entry No." index.
    We would have odd occurrances of this after optimising all tables.

Disabling the index, saving the table and re-enabling the index resolved this.
    Sleep on it... The best solutions come at 2am
  • OMMOMM Member Posts: 17
    Thank you prototyper for the suggestion.

We found what has caused this. This is because the GL>Posting Date is different from ILE and Value Entry > Posting Date, thus when we navigate from ILE, the Posting Date is defaulted from ILE > Posting Date, hence the GL Entry was excluded, when we remove the Posting Date search option, we can see the GL Entry from Navigate window. :oops: