Change Dropship to Regular Order & Checking Receipt GL Entry

knmknm Member Posts: 170
Hi,

I have 2 questions with regards to Purchase Order in NAV 2009.

1) I was trying to find out a way to change the Purchase Order from Drop-Ship to regular Warehouse transaction. Is there a simple way of doing this, instead of deleting the Purchase Order and re-creating a new one? (like running some kind of a utility or changing certain field information)

2) How can I view the GL entry made after posting Purchase Receipt through Purchase Order window?

Thank you.

Kenji

Answers

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    kenji wrote:
    1) I was trying to find out a way to change the Purchase Order from Drop-Ship to regular Warehouse transaction. Is there a simple way of doing this, instead of deleting the Purchase Order and re-creating a new one? (like running some kind of a utility or changing certain field information)
    What do you mean?
    kenji wrote:
    2) How can I view the GL entry made after posting Purchase Receipt through Purchase Order window?
    Open the Purchase Order | Order button | Receipt | Navigate
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • knmknm Member Posts: 170
    Andwian wrote:
    kenji wrote:
    What do you mean?
    Sorry for being unclear, here's the process that I'm thinking.
    1) Create new Sales Order
    2) Assign Purchasing Code of "Drop Ship"
    3) Create new Purchase Order
    4) Go to "Related Information >> Order >> Drop Shipment >> Get Sales Order" and link the Drop Ship Sales Line Item from #2
    5) (The Purchaser changes his/her mind, and now would like to receive the items on Purchase Order to the Warehouse, instead of sending them to Customer directly)
    6) Is there a way to change the already-created Purchase Order to Regular Order which received to Warehouse?
    Andwian wrote:
    kenji wrote:
    Open the Purchase Order | Order button | Receipt | Navigate
    I'm currently running NAV2009 RTC, and in the Purchse Order window, I don't have the Order button available, is there some other place that I should look into?

Thank you!

Kenji
    edited 2010-08-18
    kenji wrote:
    6) Is there a way to change the already-created Purchase Order to Regular Order which received to Warehouse?
    1. You can create a new line below the Drop Ship line, by copying ech field from above (F8).
    2. Delete the Drop Ship line.
    3. Edit the Sales Order line so that it will not reflect the Drop Ship transaction.
    kenji wrote:
    I'm currently running NAV2009 RTC, and in the Purchse Order window, I don't have the Order button available, is there some other place that I should look into?
    It is in: Related Information (Top-Left Menu beside of the Action Menu, i.e. the lightning symbol) | Orders | Receipts
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688

You should concetrate on the sales instead of the purchase order. The salesperson is the one who agrees with the customer how the goods should be shipped not the purchaser! Therefore all changes must be done in the salesorder, the purchase order merely reflects the sales conditions and executes them.
    However, if the conditions have changed the only standard procedure is that the salesperson informs the purchaser of the change and the new conditions are put in manually.
  • crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    Andwian wrote:
    1. You can create a new line below the Drop Ship line, by copying ech field from above (F8).

3. Change the Sales Order as well so that it is not a Drop Ship line anymore
    Andwian wrote:

3. Change the Sales Order as well so that it is not a Drop Ship line anymore

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that important part! :mrgreen:
    Thank you for pointing that out.
    Regards,
    Andwian
    DELETED: Double post
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • knmknm Member Posts: 170
    Thank you all for your responses!
    I've tried suggested methods, and I think I'll be able to work with it now.

Thanks!

Kenji
    So don't forget to mark it as [SOLVED] as stated in Forum Rules No. 3. 9 then :wink:
    Regards,
    Andwian