Ajust Average Cost on Purchase receipt

Etienne11Etienne11 Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I have a question for you.
I use Dynamics NAV 5.0 and all my item setup on average cost.

If I want to do a revaluation journal for an item but there is a purchase receipt not invoiced, Navision doesn't take all receip not invoicing for update average cost.
In some cases, reception can take many weeks before invoice, which make many problems because we can not reevaluate the inventory.

I wanted to know the impact that this may, if i remove the validation for receiption not invoiced

I did some tests and all seems to work good

I would like to be on your opignon

Thank you

Comments

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Etienne11 wrote:
    In some cases, reception can take many weeks before invoice, which make many problems because we can not reevaluate the inventory.
    Why do you often revaluate the item? and before invoicing the item? :?
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    In some cases, reception can take many weeks before invoice,
    The case stated is common to almost all companies I know. It's not really a problem but more an issue how it is handled in the bookkeeping department.

The revaluation of items is described in detail in the online help of NAV. I suggest that you read it carefully and discuss the process and the consequences with your financials/bookkeeping department.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    rhpnt wrote:
    The revaluation of items is described in detail in the online help of NAV. I suggest that you read it carefully and discuss the process and the consequences with your financials/bookkeeping department.

Also I'm diggin this video about revaluation journals
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamic ... 25261.aspx

Talks about the differences & what you can & cannot do depending on your cost type
  • crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    Why do you want to revaluate an entry that still doesn't have a final cost?
    Once the invoice is posted, that entry will be finally valuated and your previous revaluation (if you get to do that) will be useless...
  • Etienne11Etienne11 Member Posts: 3
    Hi crisnicolas,

I want to revaluate an item before have a final cost
    because on my indirect cost, I have some factor and if this % of indirect cost not good
    (some time upper because i can have some reserve on my indect cost) i need to revaluate my average cost

This is why some time i need to revaluate stock before I invoice
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    FYI, The cost of the items will be valued back to the actual cost when the invoice is recevied.

This is a common request for companies that have razor thin margins and need to know the cost of the item for a shipment coming in so they can make a proper quote for the customers. However, we don't recommend using revaluation journals for this purpose since it creates too many entries.

We create a screen to take the proforma invoice and estimate the total freight in costs so the salespeople can get an approximate to quote their customers.
    FYI, The cost of the items will be valued back to the actual cost when the invoice is recevied.

This is a common request for companies that have razor thin margins and need to know the cost of the item for a shipment coming in so they can make a proper quote for the customers. However, we don't recommend using revaluation journals for this purpose since it creates too many entries.

We create a screen to take the proforma invoice and estimate the total freight in costs so the salespeople can get a more accurate approximate to quote their customers.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Etienne11 wrote:
    Hi crisnicolas,

I want to revaluate an item before have a final cost
    because on my indirect cost, I have some factor and if this % of indirect cost not good
    (some time upper because i can have some reserve on my indect cost) i need to revaluate my average cost

This is why some time i need to revaluate stock before I invoice
    Why don't use the Charge (Item)?
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Because the additional costs for the receipt isn't known yet since you don't have the invoices from the shipping vendors.