Installing NAS from command line

eagle_eyeeagle_eye Member Posts: 130
Are the following steps all that need to be done to create a new NAS from a command line:

1) From command prompt of the new directory of NAS files, NAS installasservice

2) From command prompt of the new directory, NAS appserver=newname, servername=SERVERNAME, database=DATABASENAME, company=COMPANYNAME, startupparameter=PARAM

Is that all?

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    You could even put it into one command prompt line.

Don't forget to assign a user to the new service and set it up in your database.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • eagle_eyeeagle_eye Member Posts: 130
    Thanks. I have tried this command line, but am getting "The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering.

I am working in an SBS 2008 environment and am unsure where I can go to diagnose this. I w went to the event log, application, and there are no messages there. Do you have any clues?
  • eagle_eyeeagle_eye Member Posts: 130
    Never mind - i needed the nassql command - not nas

Thanks!!
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    You could even put it into one command prompt line.
    You even need to do it in one command, or else execute 2) before 1).
    You also usually need to specify then nettype= parameter with NAS for native db.
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    edited 2010-08-19
    Do you receive this error when executing the NAS appserver=newname, ... command?
    Can you post the complete command line, please.

[Edit]The posting I replied to is now gone :?: [/Edit]
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    For starting NAS from command line and debugging, I usually use:
    nassql.exe appservername="NAS Service Name", NETTYPE=TCP, servername="SERVER\SQLINSTANCE", database="DATABASE NAME", company="COMPANY NAME", nettype=tcp, startupparameter="STARTTUP-PARAMETER", objectcache=40000, debug

You can find more information by reading article: How To install a NAV Application Server (NAS)?