Client close on Company open

einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
Hi guys,

I've got a problem with my new NAV 2009 SP1 test database. It will be closed when you try to open a company. All triggers in CU1 are executed but immediately after that has been done CompanyClose will be executed.

I tried to delete zup file. I changed to another computer. But nothing works.

Any idea?
"Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."

Answers

• SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    Haven't run across that specific problem, but i have a sneaking suspicion that NAV doesn't keep everything in the ZUP anymore, but saves it somewhere else as well. My databases mostly run between danish and ENU (Some danish, some ENU) and the new client has some serious problems switching between the languages. A lot of the time when opening the client, it will throw an error stating that (Ja) or (Yes) is not an option; and not open the company that it should according to the ZUP file. Have tried tracking it down with zup files, and ntauthentication. But it doesn't respond to that. It opens the database ok, so you just have to reopen the company.
    And when closing the company/client I have run across 2 other errors. 1 throwing an error stating that there s no company open. Tracked this down to unfurtunate code in close company and log off in codeunit 1. And recently I ran across an error stating that I was using an incorrect date. Haven't hunted for it yet, but expect that it is related to the open company one.
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be some problem with profile settings? May be the profile have wrong HomePart Page set up?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    Are you on RTC or classic client?
    Does it happen on both?

I'd try to back up all MenuSuite objects and replace them with standard objects to rule out problems from there.
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    We do only use Classic Client.
    We didn't change any profile settings.
    We didn't change any MenuSuite Objects.

When I try to connect by a local installation (instead of XenApp/Citrix) then I get the following error message:
    Internal error 2 in module 5.
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    vaprog wrote:
    I'd try to back up all MenuSuite objects and replace them with standard objects to rule out problems from there.
    Indeed it has something to do with MenuSuite Company although we didn't change anything on that object. I just deleted it and re-import it again and the problem was solved.