Navision now slow when running within a TS 2008 environment

dward_miladward_mila Member Posts: 3
Installed a TS server running 2008 and installed NAV on it (V4.0/SP3 + hotfix). This was running fine for a few months but all of a sudden it has slowed down considerably. It appears to be when accessing the DB (native not SQL), moving within a form when it has loaded is fine. Excel on the server & networking generally is ok. Cannot find any auto updates that may have been loaded which has slowed things down.
Running a TS session on the network (ie. not remotely) is slow, but a standard desktop client is ok.

Anyone with any ideas?

Comments

• RaniShouraRaniShoura Member Posts: 34
    Hi,

First to troubleshoot that a problem is a TS :

1- How is the performance from a client on the same network of Navision.
    2- How is the performance from a client on the TS server to Navision (not through Remote desktop or through TS).
    3- What do you mean Performance degrade (My clients always complain about record counting as a network problem) ](*,)

Regards
    Rani Shoura
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    TS is anyways slow in this matter. You can try out Citrix in this case.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • RaniShouraRaniShoura Member Posts: 34
    TS is anyways slow in this matter. You can try out Citrix in this case.

I won't agree with you on this the Windows server 2008 .... TS services had really improved in terms of performance.

Still
    dward_mila wrote:
    It appears to be when accessing the DB (native not SQL), moving within a form when it has loaded is fine.
    this is 99% not a TS problem what TS has to do with records movement ???.
    Rani Shoura
  • dward_miladward_mila Member Posts: 3
    And then all of a sudden the problem disappeared.
    I have associated it with a NAV problem (as it is only a problem with NAV) but only reflected within TS. Desktop client has always been ok.

Thanks to all who have offered suggestions.