Options

Transformation Tool: Enabled on Fields with Danish Letters

Thor64Thor64 Member Posts: 3
edited 2010-09-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am trying to transform a Form to a Page, where some of the code instructs NAV to set the Enabled property on a couple of database fields. The transformation tool converts it correctly, i.e. creating a variable (with IncludeInDataSet = Yes) and using the variable in code, for most fields. However, any field names containing Danish characters, such as æ, are not converted re. Enabled/Visible, and thereby, leading to compilation errors.

Have you experienced something similar? Can you help me with a solution to this problem (apart from renaming the database field avoiding the use of Danish characters)?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Options
    gylfigylfi Member Posts: 1
    Field names should be in English with ML captions. Then you will not encounter any problems.
  • Options
    Thor64Thor64 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Gylfi,

Thank you for your comments. :)

As mentioned in my earlier question I did foresee that this might be the answer, so I kindly asked for suggestions allowing me to use Danish characters. However, in the meantime I have received an answer from Microsoft. They are not going to change the Transformation Tool, but have suggested a workaround: If we quote the field names containing non-English letters in the XML file, before running the Transformation program, it should be possible to keep the non-English letters and still get the code transformed correctly.