Second App Server 5.0 SP1

eagle_eyeeagle_eye Member Posts: 130
I have a functioning production application server running in 5.0 SP1. I need a new application server for a new purpose (I think, anyway). I have an unrelated task that needs an app server to run.

How do I 'install' a new application server? Do I just run the console snap-in to create a new server or install from cd?

Comments

• bestianhowbestianhow Member Posts: 120
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    For normal there is only one NAS user licence within your NAV licence. If your server isn't used to capacity then you should think about processing another task by your server.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• eagle_eyeeagle_eye Member Posts: 130
    I was contemplating using the original NAS server (they are licensed for two). The only job the current app server has is to run a process overnight (it only takes a few minutes).

The other app server will function as a web server service thing - although volume of the site it not expected to be high and certainly not high at 1am.

So, this app server can serve two purposes? Anything special I need to do for that?