Terminal Services label printing (barcode not printing)

dspencerdspencer Member Posts: 4
Hi,

I'm new to the forums and this is my 1st post. I've been searching through the forums
but haven't found an issue similar to what we are experiencing with NAV 2009 client
running remotely on Window Server 2003 R2 Terminal Services. We are using a Zebra
105SL printer to printout customer labels which have a code128 barcode which won't
printout under terminal services (shows number only). The barcode will print perfectly
when running locally on the NAV client using the same workstation and printer.

The Zebra 105SL printer is connected directly to the workstation on LPT1.

Would this be a Navision issue or a Terminal Services issue? Also, could the barcode
font be on the workstation and therefore prints ok locally and missing on the Windows
Server 2003 so it doesn't print through terminal services? I'm a Navision novice so any
pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If the printing is using some font, than this font must be installed on the same PC where client is running, in this case on the TS.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • dspencerdspencer Member Posts: 4
    Would the barcode font just be installed in the Windows\Fonts directory or does it have
    to be in a Navision directory?

Thank you for the feedback.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    dspencer wrote:
    Would the barcode font just be installed in the Windows\Fonts directory or does it have
    to be in a Navision directory?

Thank you for the feedback.
    windows font directory on the terminal server
  • dspencerdspencer Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for the responses kine and themave. I'll look for the font on the workstation Windows/fonts
    directory and transfer the font to the Windows Server 2003 fonts directory.