Dual UOMs

djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
I'm afraid I already know the answer to this, but I figure if anyone has a good idea, it'll be one of you :)

Here is my business process: A roll of material is purchased in Linear Feet (LF), but each roll (EA) needs a unique serial number. I also need to be able to see all inventory availability by EA. LF and EA both need to be able to be used all the way through Mfg. and WMS. The number of LF in a roll varies every time one comes in (i.e. I could order 5000 LF from the same vendor twice, and I may get 4950 once and 5100 the next time).

Making a unique item master for each roll isn't really an option... so I'm pretty much stuck with a fairly big and complex mod aren't I?
"OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
"Show All..."
"Oh..."

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Kind of an off the wall solution would be to serialize it by the foot, not the roll

ie, so you get a roll of material on PO xyz, that is 4950 linear feet,

assign the serial number to each foot with a numbers such as xyz-0001 through xyz-4950

If you sell it starting with the highest serial number first, you can easily see what is remaining,
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    I talked about that with my brother, but I'm not sure it's going to work. We'd have to have an easy way to do things like select 1500 serialized items for a BOM (if a run of 1500 LF was done), etc... having to select which specific serialized items were scrap, etc... (more importantly teaching the employees on the production floor to do that) would be a real pain. I think I'm going to have to look and see what types of ISV solutions there are out there for this.

I like how you think though :)
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."