Credit Card solution

CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
Hi,

We're running a 3.70 back end, on SQL Server 2005, with the 2009 front end. We're looking for a Credit Card solution that stays as much w/i NAV as possible (APIs, COM objects I'd rather not deal with, if I can avoid it), hopefully from a Canadian Solution Centre. Can anyone recommend one? Or steer us away from any? It would need to work with Chase Paymentech.

Thanks for your time.

cheers,

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Check with Chargelogics. They're a PCI compliant CC solution for NAV.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I don't think Chargelogic works in Canada.

You won't find a solution that doesn't use COM. Event ChargeLogic uses MSXMLDOM.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    We use Chargelogic, but we are in the USA, but our processor is in Canada - it is called Moneris, which is the largest processor in Canada.

works well for us.
  • CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
    Hi all,

Thanks for your input so far. I'll look into ChargeLogic (I never would have heard of them, I don't think).

Has anyone ever heard of SimCrest, based in Texas? They seem to support a lot of processors, based on their website.

cheers,
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    CobaltSS wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks for your input so far. I'll look into ChargeLogic (I never would have heard of them, I don't think).

Has anyone ever heard of SimCrest, based in Texas? They seem to support a lot of processors, based on their website.

cheers,
    we looked at Simcrest also, and I liked ChargeLogic better just because of the way it integrated with Navision. Chargelogic supports a very large number of gateways, it is not really the processor but the gateway. We switched processors a while back, and while I was pricing them, I kept asking them if we can use our existing Software, most never heard of Chargelogic, so we asked Chargelogic what processors they supported, that is when they told us the proper question to ask a prospective processor was what gateways they support. Once we asked that, every processor we looked at used a gateway that chargelogic supported. Didn't matter in the end, as our corporate parent ended up saying you will use Moneris based in Canada, and as expected chargelogic supported the gateway moneris uses, the total conversion to the new processor invovled some setup files and not much more, our end users never new we changed credit card companies. because the process for them didn't change at all.
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    I have used a home-made, older simcrest integration with authorize.net that was terrible.

I have used a modified Lanham CC and it was un-impressive.

I have used ChargeLogic and it seems pretty awesome. We haven't had any of the issues that I had seen with SimCrest or Lanham, it is much more intuitive, and best yet - there is no third party app (authorize.net, ICVerify) to have to mess with.

We are in the USA, but if it works for you, I'd consider chargelogic above the rest.
    kind of fell into this...
  • jstevensjstevens Member Posts: 2
    Just as an FYI, the SimCrest solution does work with 70 something Payment Gateways, and is completely built within Dynamics NAV. Obviously it has to communicate to the Gateway, however it has a brand new version out, and they have put quite a bit of R&D into the solution since the olden days. They too work with Chase PaymentTech as well as Moneris. I suggest giving them a call, and they will be happy to demo it to you, and/or your Partner can set that up.

Also, it is fully PCI Compliant, and SimCrest is very good with their support!
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    jstevens wrote:
    Just as an FYI, the SimCrest solution does work with 70 something Payment Gateways, and is completely built within Dynamics NAV. Obviously it has to communicate to the Gateway, however it has a brand new version out, and they have put quite a bit of R&D into the solution since the olden days. They too work with Chase PaymentTech as well as Moneris. I suggest giving them a call, and they will be happy to demo it to you, and/or your Partner can set that up.

Also, it is fully PCI Compliant, and SimCrest is very good with their support!
    Good point, I sat through their demo about two years ago and it was lightyears ahead of what was available when I first worked with SimCrest. What i had used was a real frankenstein that just did not work. Errors and rollbacks in NAV lead to Customer CC being charge 3 or more times (since authorize.net wasn't rolling back like NAV was). It was a disaster. We only used it for a week before shutting it completely down.
    kind of fell into this...