Picking for a warehouse shipment from multiple bins...

Cali_KoppersCali_Koppers Member Posts: 19
I am using Navision 4.0 SP3 (5.0 SP1).

We are using WMS. I have a warehouse shipment line with quantity = 10. Bin is mandatory. I want to pick 5 from bin A123 and 5 from bin B123 for a total of 10 for the said line. In my warehouse shipment line, the bin code is a field and I am not finding a way to pick from multiple bins. I would imagine you can pick from multiple bins for a warehouse shipment line. Is this not so?

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Create the pick document. Thne use "Split Lines" feature on the pick to build multiple pick lines related to the same shipment line.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Cali_KoppersCali_Koppers Member Posts: 19
    bbrown wrote:
    Create the pick document. Thne use "Split Lines" feature on the pick to build multiple pick lines related to the same shipment line.

What version are you using? Is this standard Nav functionality?
    Yes, this is standard NAV functionality. I am currently looking at this in 4.00 SP1 NA database. On the Warehouse Shipment go to Functions - Create Pick. And on the Pick goto Functions - Split Lines.
  • Cali_KoppersCali_Koppers Member Posts: 19
    bbrown wrote:
    Yes, this is standard NAV functionality. I am currently looking at this in 4.00 SP1 NA database. On the Warehouse Shipment go to Functions - Create Pick. And on the Pick goto Functions - Split Lines.

You can only do it if Require Pick is checked in the Location Card?
    Good question. I've never tried setting up a location that uses shipments without also using picks.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    I want to pick 5 from bin A123 and 5 from bin B123 for a total of 10 for the said line.

If you are not using the Require Pick, you could post the Whse. Shipment this way:
    1. 5 PCS from Bin Code A123, post, and then
    2. Change the Bin Code to B123, and then post the remaining qty.

Have not tried yet, just in my head, but nice to try!
    Regards,
    Andwian