Qty is not sufficient message

hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
Hi ,

I have to transfer one item from one location to another location. For this item Client is not using the Reservations , Item Tracking . This item is consumption item in the production.

The Item Inventory = 500 KGS , but when i enter the value in the QTY field of Transfer order , system throws the following message :

" The quantity on Inventory is not sufficient to cover the netchange in the inventory . Do you still want to record the Quantity"

Please guide me to know the problem .

Thanks in Advance.
hansika

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    I think you've already checked but is this quantity exists in the from Location, not total inv.?
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Thank you ,

I Checked the Location and stock is availble in that Location .
    hansika
  • JosephGressJosephGress Member Posts: 36
    You could turn on either the debugger or code coverage and find where Navision is generating this message. This should tell you what Navision is checking that makes it think that Qty is not sufficient.

Joseph
    Joseph Gress
    Which values you see on Item Availability form? (Inventory, Gross Requirement, Scheduled Receipt...)
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Thank you for the help Ufuk,

I can view the values Inventory , Gross requirement , schedule receipt.. and , the Inventory is showing -500 KGS
    hansika
    Inventory quantity is calculated by substracting reserved quantity from the inventory. You said client do not use reservation but can you please check the values in these two fields from item table? Another reason could be the unit of measure? Is base unit of measure of item and UOM in transfer line same?
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft