Amount in VLE and GL Entries not the same

OMMOMM Member Posts: 17
Hi Experts,

I encountered this issue, where the amount posted to Vendor Ledger Entries and GL Entries is different, for e.g.:

1 - VLE posted with 98, but GL recorded with 100; or
2 - VLE posted with 100, but GL recorded with -100 (negative figure) (this entry is posted using Purchase Invoice)

Both scenario can happen if the entry posted from Journal or Purchase Invoice. I tried to simulate the same by create a new journal line or document or using the Copy Document Function, but still cannot get the same error.

Is anyone encountered the same issue before?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
OMM

Comments

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Never heard before, however did you use standard Cronus objects, and no one customization?
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • OMMOMM Member Posts: 17
    Hi Andwian,

There are some customizations to our current database, but I not sure did our NAV partner done any customization on the posting routine or other places. Our partner did not reply with the root cause, only advise us to patch the data, but I am not comfortable with data patching.

Thanks & Regards,
    OMM
    edited 2010-08-06
    What version did you use?

Have you find any KB article?

Cue:
    1. Navigate through the issue
    2. Try to create the exact repro step, using the as exact as possible condition and setup, similar with the imbalance posting.
    3. Once you get it, you can debug into it.
    4. If you can't, it would be very difficult to tackle the future imbalance posting.

Good luck!
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Hi Andwian,

We are using NAV AP 4.0 SP0.

I cannot find any related article from KB.

I have tried to repro the step, but still cannot get the same imbalance posting. :(

Thanks & Regards,
    OMM
    To localised the issue, we should replicate it in standard DB.

Since the version is Navision 4 SP 0, it would be difficult to overcome. Maybe there are any update regarding the version, which included in every Service Pack, which we know there are 3 Service Packs already.
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Yes, I had tried both in standard NAV & local environment, both still cannot get the same imbalance posting.

Regards,
    OMM
  • josh24josh24 Member Posts: 1
    Is there a any difference betwen this two?
    is it have to take a coast.?
    how to get a girl to like you
    Hi Josh24,

Both standard NAV & local environment are getting the 'normal' result, no imbalance posting.

by the way, what you mean by "is it have to take a coast.?"

Thanks & Regards,
    Ming Ming
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    It is almost impossible that this kind of a problem could arise from NAV. It seems like a manuel intervention to the database.

Check if all the values are same in tables (debit amount ,amount , original amount etc.) If they are not same, it is more possible that it's a user fault. (Of course being same do not assure it's not a user fault)

I think the most important part is comparing your objects used in related posting routines with the standard ones to be sure this problem will not occur again.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
    sorry, I am late to reply.

all the values are the same, except Purchase (LCY), but is this the key?