How to import opening balances for Accounting Ledgers

rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
Hi All,

I am using Navision 2009 sp1 and i want to know that what is the best way to import the opening balances for Accounting Ledgers
and how??

Regards,
Regards,

Rinki

Comments

• themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Just to give you a rough idea, I haven't done it since 1999 with Navision 2.0, but the process should be the same.

We used a dataport to populate a General Journal, then we posted the general journal so that all the Navision logic could be run.

We brought in 5 years of g/l history, but just the net month end balances for the accounts. After we posted the journals, we used the standard Navision year end processes to close each year and start a new one. This way we were able to run comparative financial statements for periods prior to us using Navision.

Used the same process for Open AP, AR, and Inventory entries. we used a dataport to populate a journal and posted the journal, only for the AP, AR and Inventory, we changed the posted g/l accounts to a clearing account, so that the both the debit and credit posted to the same account, this way the open ledger entries were brought into the system and the g/l balances were not affected, since we already had brought in the G/L balance in the first step listed above.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    themave wrote:
    We used a dataport to populate a General Journal
    Or you can use:
    1. Data Migration in NAV 5
    2. Universal Excel Importer v1.2 (I have used it in NAV 4 SP3 through NAV 5 SP1). Search in Mibuso Download section
    3. In NAV 4 SP3, there is such a facility, but I can not remember the name :mrgreen:
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • bangswitbangswit Member Posts: 265
    Andwian wrote:
    themave wrote:
    We used a dataport to populate a General Journal
    Or you can use:
    1. Data Migration in NAV 5
    2. Universal Excel Importer v1.2 (I have used it in NAV 4 SP3 through NAV 5 SP1). Search in Mibuso Download section
    3. In NAV 4 SP3, there is such a facility, but I can not remember the name :mrgreen:

In NAV 4 SP3, there is such a facility, but I can not remember the name --> implementation something....
    form 8600
    hehehe :)