Directed Put Away and Pick

navgbanavgba Member Posts: 48
We have directed put away and pick setup for one of the locations in our warehouse. There are already entries posted with this setup. Now i wish to remove the setup not to use directed put away and pick. How can i do it? Since there will already be warehouse entries created and they will need to be cleared.

Comments

• lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    You can still work with warehouse entries without "directed put away and pick" enabled.
    It's the "Bin mandatory" that handles this.
  • navgbanavgba Member Posts: 48
    i have both bin mandatory & directed put away & pick checked
  • navgbanavgba Member Posts: 48
    I have the 'directed put away and pick' and 'Bin Mandatory' checked already.

The users have posted many warehouse transactions, now i wish to remove the 'Directed PutAway & Pick'. The error comes to clear all open warehouse transactions in
    warehouse Put Aways
    Warehouse Picks
    Warehouse Receipts Headers
    Warehouse Shipments Headers
    Pick worksheets
    Movement worksheets
    Also to clear all adjustment bins
  • lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    First of all I would not advise to disable "Directed Put-Away & Pick", once there has been made a choice to work with the Warehouse Module, then stick with it...
    Reason number one is data corruption, there are links everywhere to warehouse receipts, warehouse put-aways, warehouse picks, warehouse shipments, warehouse movements, ...
    So removing Warehouse Entries & disabling "Directed Put-Away & Pick" won't quite do the job. There's a reason why it's default not allowed to reverse "Directed Put-Away & Pick" once postings have been made.

My advice is to setup a whole new company, where the location is correct and off course import all relevant tables from the previous one.
    That's how I would do it. Maybe someone else has another solution.
  • crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    Instead of creating a whole new company, wouldn't it be easier to create a new location that does not have directed put-away and pick and transfer the stocks from the old location to the new location? (and change the location code on documents that have quantities that have not been posted yet, so that no further posting is done on the old location)