ADCS with EAN 128

dynaxdynax Member Posts: 7
This my first message in mibuso so I want to say goodbye to everyone.

I successfully installed ADCS and deploy a Miniform to read with a terminal the 128 EAN Barcodes.
The problem I have is that while the terminal seems to read the GS character (29) (we made several test without connecting to VT100 and it works well), when it was connected to VT100 and passes the readed barcode to Navision via the miniform, the character 29 was lost.
In fact I try to save the xmldocument when it was loaded from the instream in the 7700 codeunit:
// Step 5- Process the document (and inform ADCS components of result)
IF (DocumentOK) THEN BEGIN
xmlMessage.load(InStrm);
//ADDED
xmlMessage.save('C:\InStrm.txt');

but when i open the In'Strm.txt there isn't the char 29.

This cause the impossibility to decode correctly the EAN 128 barcode with variable Application Identifier field length (such as the DB10 (lot) or the DB37).

Is anyone able to solve this problem, i.e. knows how let the miniform pass the GS character to Navision?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Michele Bendazzoli

Answers

• vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    We are not using ADCS, but we had the same problem which we also were not able to solve directly. We fixed it by substituting the GS char by some other rarely used printable character by configuring the scanner accordingly and adapted the decoding logic on the NAV side.
  • dynaxdynax Member Posts: 7
    vaprog wrote:
    We are not using ADCS, but we had the same problem which we also were not able to solve directly. We fixed it by substituting the GS char by some other rarely used printable character by configuring the scanner accordingly and adapted the decoding logic on the NAV side.

Thank you for the advice.
    We also proceeded in this manner.

Michele Bendazzoli