Controlling Menu Item list in form

bala_firstbala_first Member Posts: 7
Hi,

is it possible to controll Menu item list at runtime in form...for example if there are five menu item lists are there in one menu item control, i need to show only three of them by applying one condition at runtime....

.........solution appreciated..........

regards,
bala.

Comments

• BourgeoisBourgeois Member Posts: 5
    I'm pretty sure it is not possible.

In some cases, when really needed, I create multiple 'Menu Button' instances...
    Than you can play with the visible property of the button's to get '''dynamic Menu Button'''
    (at least that is how it would seem for the user).

If you have no other options, and you go for this solution. Be sure not to put any specific code on the
    menu item, place the code in a function, and reference this function from the different instances of
    that menu item.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    bala_first wrote:
    Hi,

is it possible to controll Menu item list at runtime in form...for example if there are five menu item lists are there in one menu item control, i need to show only three of them by applying one condition at runtime....

.........solution appreciated..........

regards,
    bala.

Why would you want to do that?
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    AFAIK not, and it would be a very "unnavisionic" solution.The typical "Navisionic" solution is that if you aren't supposed to click it, it will give you an error message, either through permissions or custom code. This of course is not 100% user friendly, what we normally do is:

- in RTC configure roles so that f.e. people who are not supposed to post orders don't even see the button. This is not supposed to replace permissions etc. just to supplement it, making it more user-friendly.

- and RTC allows you to put any boolean variable or expression into the Visible property of the Action

- in Classic... well it has always been a problem, in some special cases it can be justified to "Save As" a form and simplify it down for a special user group. I mean ideas like Sales Invoice for POS, Purchase Order for Warehouse, Production Order for Shop Floor - removing everything but the most essential menu items, fields etc. etc.
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    AFAIK not, and it would be a very "unnavisionic" solution.The typical "Navisionic" solution is that if you aren't supposed to click it, it will give you an error message, either through permissions or custom code. This of course is not 100% user friendly, what we normally do is:
    - in Classic... well it has always been a problem, in some special cases it can be justified to "Save As" a form and simplify it down for a special user group. I mean ideas like Sales Invoice for POS, Purchase Order for Warehouse, Production Order for Shop Floor - removing everything but the most essential menu items, fields etc. etc.
    If it is a completely stripped down window I would go for a copy. If it is just some fields or maybe some menu items I usually modify the one existing window so that under certain conditions some fields are not visible/editable or I replace one menu button with another one.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting