Estrange case with currencies...

FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
Good morning everybody,

We have been given a bit strange case, the supplier invoice us in dollars, we put all accounts in dollars and finally is an account in Euros, but to change the currency in the last account, everything is going into dollars.

From a journal I can create an invoice with a different currency, but not in the invoices screen .........

thanks,

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    If i understand you correctly you receive a USD foregin currency (FCY) purchase invoice in USD where your LCY (local currency) is EURO. On the invoice you will see in F9 statistics the FCY and LCY values. When you post this to the accounts the amount will enter the GL in LCY.

What it sounds like is that you are setting the invoices to use a currency code. Is USD set against this vendor on the Foregin trade tab. The lines inherit the currency code from the header so you would need to make the Currency code field on the line visible and change it there to EURO. The currency code is visible on the invoice header and lines (CTL F8 for line)

Out of interest why do you enter a euro value on the invoice, service charge etc ?
  • FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
    Yes, because the invoice have a service charge in € and the rest ot the amount in $...

But my question is, if it´s possible to do an invoice in $ and one more line in €? ](*,)
    I think i played around with it before and came to a yes.

As i said make the currency code field visible (check to see if can be edited) to the invoice lines form.

Create your two lines in seperate currencies and post to test. All in your test sytem of course
    With a cronus version:

I just do what you said.

I have add "Currency Code" field and it change it to visible YES.

In the Purchase Header i have chossen a vendor with $. The currency code in the header is in $ (USD). The exchange rate is 1,2368...

I have created two lines. The first i have add an account with 100$ and the second account with 200€.

The total amount of the invoice is 242,56 € (DL) instead of 280,85 €

Bad, bad, bad... #-o
    What Version did you try this on ?
    NAV 2009 SP1 :roll:
  • crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    I've made the exact same test you did, on a Cronus 2009 SP1.

Posting is done based on Currency Code on the header, not on Currency Code on the lines.
    I guess that explains why Currency Code is not editable on table Purchase Line.
    I've made the exact same test you did, on a Cronus 2009 SP1.

Posting is done based on Currency Code on the header, not on Currency Code on the lines.
    I guess that explains why Currency Code is not editable on table Purchase Line.

Te conozco jajaja

Vamos, que no se puede... únicamente desde un diario puedes crear facturas con distintas divisas...

Ok!!!