Transfer Order without Inventory

ZephyrZephyr Member Posts: 110
Hello,

Do anyone know how we can do customization in TO posting for without inventory.
I have done some thing but its not that what I want. I want, it should be proper entry like stander entry like 2 entries for ILE and 2 for Value Entry & 1 for Shipment.

In my customization, In ILE it is creating 2 entry but in that entry, Remaining Qty. is showing (-19) instead of (0).

THIS IS WRONG …. SOMEONE tell me what to do
](*,) #-o
Zephyr

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    What do you mean by without Inventory?
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    ufuk wrote:
    What do you mean by without Inventory?

As I know it, the prerequisite for post ship a Transfer Order is Inventory > 0.
    And I guess he want NAV ignore this condition.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    It is quite easy to do this BUT this will COMPLETELY MESS UP your item costs!!!

Just before you get to the part that posts the inventory, post a positive entry so your inventory becomes positive enough to be able to ship the items.
    After that, you need to do a negative entry to get back to your original inventory.
    e.g.
    inventory = -19
    you want to ship 2 items
    Create a positive entry of 2 - (-19) => 21
    Ship your order
    Create a negative entry of 2 - (-19) => 21

All this must be done in 1 transaction!

BUT IT IS BETTER TO FIX YOUR INVENTORY INSTEAD OF USING THIS DIRTY TRICK!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    I suggest not to change standard code. Try workaround solutions as using journals.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
    kriki wrote:
    It is quite easy to do this BUT this will COMPLETELY MESS UP your item costs!!!

All this must be done in 1 transaction!

Why it could mess up the item cost?
    And why it should be done in 1 transaction?

Anyway, would you explain me why the standard system avoid us to do the transfer when the inventory is below zero?
    I still wonder it why.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I don't know the exact details, but I do know that it can mess up the costing of the items.
    Also the solution I gave you can do that because when you do a positive adjustment, you need to give an item cost. And you cannot be sure it is the correct item cost.
    One transaction is needed to avoid that things remain unfinished and difficult to fix if at some point the posting has an error.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

I understand. Thank you.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Andwian wrote:
    .......Anyway, would you explain me why the standard system avoid us to do the transfer when the inventory is below zero?
    I still wonder it why.
    Because it is a modern erp system and it assumes you want a system that accurately tracks your inventory. Transfers are by diffinition transfering items you have in one location to another location, it is for movement of items, it is not buying or selling or adjusting, it is only to record the movement. If you don't have it, you can't transfer it, ie, you can't move it. what would be the point of moving an item from one bin to another bin if you didn't show it in the bin in the first place?

Now, we use transfers to move items between our different store locations every day, and we have this problem come up from time to time, just like everyone else. A store will call and say I am trying to transfer an item and the system won't let me. The fix is to figure out why they have something the system doesn't know about and correct it. It is not to just force the sytem to do it. By fixing the problem it avoides future problems, most often they didn't receive something, or maybe didn't even put it on the purchase order in the first place. If we just did a postive adjustment to put the item in inventory so it could then be transfered. What would happen when the receiving problem comes to light. someone in the warehouse or accounting would add it to the po, and receive it, and now they would show they have an item, when in fact they don't because a positive adjustment and tranfer was already done.

Now you would show the item in the two locations. The positve and negative adjustments would help solve this, but the better solution is fix the inventory problem inthe first place, not program a change to cover it up.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    themave wrote:
    the better solution is fix the inventory problem inthe first place, not program a change to cover it up.
    :thumbsup:

Step 1: adjust your inventory
    Step 2: transfer it

DO NOT modify any of the logic.
    themave wrote:
    If you don't have it, you can't transfer it, ie, you can't move it.
    DenSter wrote:
    DO NOT modify any of the logic.

Great idea! :thumbsup:
    Thank you!
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    If you want your inventory to be at zero do a positive adjustment in an item journal.
    matttrax wrote:
    If you want your inventory to be at zero do a positive adjustment in an item journal.

Did you mean NEGATIVE adjustment?
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    If you can't figure out whether to use negative or positive adjustments, use a physical inventory journal. In there, you can simply enter what the inventory needs to be and the system will calculate what type of adjustment to post.