DIMENSION PROBLEM WHEN POSTING PRODUCTION JOURNAL

vipin_poulosevipin_poulose Member Posts: 36
Hi,

i have created a dimension called "ITEM GROUP" for the various items like 100 gm, 200 gm, 50gm, etc.
if it is chilly, item group dimension will be " CHILLY" for the various chilly quantity.In the "ITEM GROUP Account type Default dimension" i put the the table as "ITEM"and the value posting is "CODE MANDATORY"

when i trying to post the Production Journal the Error message is coming. it shows that "select the dimension value code for the dimension code item group" in lines. but i have checked each and every line and the dimension is given for each line. but it is asking for the dimension. If i remove the CODE MANDATORY and post it, it is posting successfully. but the code mandatory should be given because they are taking Sale analysis reports in ITEM Group wise.

could anyone help me.....

Thanks in advance. :):):)

Comments

• vipin_poulosevipin_poulose Member Posts: 36
    Hi,

i have created a dimension called "ITEM GROUP" for the various items like 100 gm, 200 gm, 50gm, etc.
    if it is chilly, item group dimension will be " CHILLY" for the various chilly quantity.In the "ITEM GROUP Account type Default dimension" i put the the table as "ITEM"and the value posting is "CODE MANDATORY"

when i trying to post the Production Journal the Error message is coming. it shows that "select the dimension value code for the dimension code item group" in lines. but i have checked each and every line and the dimension is given for each line. but it is asking for the dimension. If i remove the CODE MANDATORY and post it, it is posting successfully. but the code mandatory should be given because they are taking Sale analysis reports in ITEM Group wise.

could anyone help me.....

Thanks in advance. :):):)
  • pbangalepbangale Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Code Mandatory will use only when you didn't define dimension value.
    if you define dimension value then it must be same code in value posting...
    Pankaj
  • vipin_poulosevipin_poulose Member Posts: 36
    Hi,

Code Mandatory will use only when you didn't define dimension value.
    if you define dimension value then it must be same code in value posting...[/color][/b]

hi pbangale, Thanks for your reply.....

but i didnt give any "DIMENSION VALUE CODE". what i have done is i given the TABLE ID as 27 and the VALUE POSTING as CODE MANDATORY.

then what would be the problem?????