Windows 7 and NAV 4 SP3

ryanatworkryanatwork Member Posts: 47
Hi All.

Having issues sending mail from NAV. Using Codeunit 397.

Client has used the Vista patches from NAV4SP3 to get NAV up and running on a Windows 7 box. I understand that it is not a supported config but want to try get it working.

Scenario 1
When running the application and trying to execute Mail.NewMessage the NAV gets to the Logon line and crashes.
IF (NOT OApplication.Logon(TRUE,'','',FALSE,FALSE)) THEN BEGIN  //<--- HERE
  OApplication.Logoff; 
  EXIT
END;

Windows Event Viewer gives the following info :-

Faulting application name: finsql.exe, version: 4.0.3.25143, time stamp: 0x46d625b9
Faulting module name: OLHandler.dll, version: 6.0.29626.0, time stamp: 0x4a84a092
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000523fe
Faulting process id: 0x11d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb32b55ef9616f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\finsql.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\OLHandler.dll
Report Id: a0e71d0f-9ea8-11df-a6bb-001a4d5fa5ea

Scenario 2
When running finsql.exe under Windows XP SP3 Compatabilty an error is raised in the same place. I got the error message and error from OApplication and raised it like so :-
IF (NOT OApplication.Logon(TRUE,'','',FALSE,FALSE)) THEN BEGIN  //<--- HERE
  MyErrorMessage := OApplication.ErrorDescription + ' Code ' + FORMAT(OApplication.ErrorStatus);
  ERROR(MyErrorMessage)
  OApplication.Logoff; 
  EXIT
END;

Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision
An error has occurred while creating an instance of the Outlook application. Code 2434
OK

I have tried
    Registering the OLHandler.dll from 2009SP1
    Registering the OLHandler.dll from 5.0

Any ideas appreciated.

Comments

• rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    Which version of office?
    I have seen a crash because Microsoft upgraded the DLLs for connection with office and didn't test with Office 2000. Also there seem to be no 'thunks' with the 64bit version so it doesn't exist as far as any 32bit application is concerned.
  • ryanbudgeryanbudge Member Posts: 1
    Hi Rob,

Office 2007. Will confirm if its X64 or x86.

Thanks
    R
  • rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    It's 32 bit, there isn't a 64bit Office 2007.

Also, that was a supported combination of NAV and Office on Vista, so it should work fine if they haven't done anything stupid with Windows 7.
  • skalle77skalle77 Member Posts: 6
    We have the same problem, Microsoft's answer:

Sending emails from Microsoft Dynamics NAV is compatible with Outlook 2010 32-bit version, but is currently not supported for the 64 bit version

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... -2010.aspx
  • Filip_CrombezFilip_Crombez Member Posts: 13
    Hi Ryan,

Was it solved by using Outlook 2010 - 32 bit version?
    I have the same problem at a customer : Win 7 Professional / Outlook 2007 / Nav 4SP3.
    My own setup is not giving any problem : Win 7 Ultimate / Outlook 2007 / Nav 4 SP3

Filip
  • ryanatworkryanatwork Member Posts: 47
    Hi,

I did not solve it. Did a technical upgrade to 2009 SP1.

Now all works fine.

Cheers,
    R