4902 42S02 Object Import Upgrade Process NEED HELP

fduusfduus Member Posts: 19
Hello,

actually we are upgrading client-db from 2.01, technical 3.60, to 6.01. To do this we have to make the step through 4.03. When i restore the database backup, compile all objects, run step 1 of the 4.03 upgrade toolkit and want to import our customized objects. While doing this i get the following errormessage:

Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision
Der folgende SQL Server Fehler ist aufgetreten, während auf die Tabelle Sachposten zugegriffen wurde:

4902,"42S02",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Das "N403-client-Testupdate1.dbo.EV - 201$Sachposten"-Objekt wurde nicht gefunden, weil es nicht vorhanden ist oder Sie nicht über die entsprechenden Berechtigungen verfügen.

SQL:
ALTER TABLE "N403-client-Testupdate1"."dbo"."EV - 201$Sachposten" DISABLE TRIGGER "EV - 201$Sachposten_TG"

OK

Need a little help with this.

I compiled all object in both db´s befor and after each step.

Felix

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Could you write error message in English please?
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • fduusfduus Member Posts: 19
    The following SQL-Error occured while accessing the table Sachposten:

4902,"42S02",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Das "N403-client-Testupdate1.dbo.EV - 201$Sachposten"-Object could not be found because its not present or you have not got the specific rights to access it.

SQL:
    ALTER TABLE "N403-client-Testupdate1"."dbo"."EV - 201$Sachposten" DISABLE TRIGGER "EV - 201$Sachposten_TG"
    I've seen posts saying compilation corrects this error but you said it did not. Do you have appropriate permissions on NAV and SQL side?
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • fduusfduus Member Posts: 19
    Hi ufuk,

I am loged in as a sysadmin account on SQL-server with SUPER rights in NAV. That should be fine. Microsoft Support says that its a problem of MBS NAV Client in the way it speaks to the SQL-server. Also it can happen that for special query´s or interactions the client uses a wrong application security level. The way the sift-tables are saved and used is also not the best way. To work around all these problems I lifted all objects from technical 3.60 up to 6.01 and then did all my steps in this database. SQL-interaction is much better and sift-tables are stored as views. No problems occur by doing it this way.

Regards

Felix
    Thank you for the information fduus.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft