Prepayment

dede_aja_tuhdede_aja_tuh Member Posts: 39
Forgive my ignorance.
Please help ME!

I already search and try in NAV about prepayment (Sales or Purchase). This is what i got (example prepayment purchase) :

Journal hit when Cash Receipt Prepayment :

[D] Bank
[C] AP

My question is : how if i do not want use AP Account in credit side, and changed to Purchase Advance Account for that vendor? Because if the journal hit is AP account, so it's mean like we already have AP of that vendor, but in fact, it's not yet.

Finally, my goal is : the user still can see their list Purchase Advance of particular vendor and this is the most important thing is the user also can contra (adjust) this amount purchase advance with the invoice amount, so, if they posted invoice, AP amount is already real AP amount to paid because it's already contra with prepayment.

Thanx in advance.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    AP entries are posted when you book prepayment invoice so the receipt will debit the AP account
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • dede_aja_tuhdede_aja_tuh Member Posts: 39
    AP entries are posted when you book prepayment invoice so the receipt will debit the AP account

Thanks for the replied CA Sandeep Singla.

Refer to your information that Prepayment Receipt will debit AP Account, are you have some work around for me, if i want change AP Account to Advance Payment Account, but still i can contra it with invoice later.

Thanks.
  • ivankoleticivankoletic Member Posts: 27
    I'm assuming your question is about PL version?

If it is, in PL 5.0 SP1 + Feature Pack 1 and 2009 R2 version you can do this this way:
    - in Purchases & Payables you can place a check mark Allow Alter Posting Groups - this will allow you to change customer and vendor posting groups on documents and journals -> changing posting group before posting journal as you suggested, changes AP account to which this amount will be debited.

In W1 or other local versions I think this doesn't work without customizations.
    Regards,
    Ivan Koletic