I am using NAV 4.0 SP3 fixed assets.

cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
I am using NAV 4.0 SP3 fixed assets.

What is the main difference between Salvage Value and Ending Book Value ?

I have a vehicle that cost 20,000.

No matter what, the value of the car after it is fully depreciated will be 1,000.

Would this be my salvage value or my ending book value ?

Can someone help me out ?

Thanks.

Comments

• kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    If you look up in NAV help you'll find

Ending Book Value Field
    "[...] The amount represents the book value you want your fixed asset to have in the current depreciation book after it has been fully depreciated. [...]"

Salvage Value Field
    "This FlowField displays the salvage value for the fixed asset.
    The program calculates the contents of the field using the entries in the FA Ledger Entries window. [...]
    When you post additional salvage value entries to the depreciation book, the value in the field may change accordingly.[...]"

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    yes, i know the definition of the two, but which one would i use ?

The ending value of my car is 1,000.

So if I put $1,000 as my salvage value, isn't it also my ending book value ?
  • tabularasatabularasa Member Posts: 22
    Salvage value has to do with the value or cost that is associated with the selling or disposal of the asset. These values could be the same but it could also be that the salvage value was a negative amount implying cost of disposal.
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    You have to use the Ending Book Value Field.
    The Salvage Value Field is calculated by the system.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    Okay, my example aside.

Can you give me 2 exmaples. One example where Net Book Value is used, and one where Salvage is used. Thanks. I just want to make sure if know the difference between the two.