Add an "About Navison" like option to the Help Menu

TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 86
Hi, I haven't found any topic that fits to my problem:

My customer needs to add an option in the Help Menu, similar to the standard "About Microsoft Dynamics Nav". This option could be something like "Project subvention". Pressing on this new option a screen should appear showing the logo of the organism that is behind the subvention.

Any clue, suggestion or walkaround is welcome.

I have explored the posility of editing the help file with HTML Help Workshop, but I am not sure if it is possible to add options to the main menu.

Thanks!

Comments

• mrsamrsa Member Posts: 35
    I dont know is company notes still possible to install on version 5 or 2009. Company notes gives you ability to write custom text into help files.
    Maybe your customer would be happy if NAV shows this "Project subvention" on start of every cilent (something like splash screen).
    If it would be enough, then you can design form with picture and text and show on Nav client opening.
    Codeunit 1 Company open

CLEAR(form)
    IF GUIALLOWED THEN form.RUN

In form properties you can play with focusable no, fixed size and place, ...
  • TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 86
    Thank you mra. I read about Company Notes and I think that they are not exactly what I am looking for: the main objective of the modification would be that the option can be immediatly visible in the help [?] menu.

I have already done what you suggested (put their logo as background image in a form), but this ona is another requirement. It seems that is not enough for them!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    What version are you using. I don't think you can edit the main menu of Help
    Sorry, I forgot:
    Nav501 SQL
  • mrsamrsa Member Posts: 35
    I don't know anyone who manage to change main menu.

Only what comes on my mind is to put code in Codeunit 1 in ApplicationVersion function call to another form:

ApplicationVersion() : Text[80]
    FORM.RUN(50300);
    EXIT('HR Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1');

Then wen you go to Help--> About you first get about NAV (Help calls this function in codeunit 1), and then form of Project subvention.
    Hi mra,

I like this solution, I hadn't thougth about it. At least I can offer them something close to the problem. I will give it a try. Hope they buy it!

Thanks a lot!