Options

Exporting Language Translation File

riteshritesh Member Posts: 24
hi
I have been trying to export a translation text file for Form Customer Card but I am not able to export all the captions into the text file. The file gets exported without a error but all the captiions placed on form are not coming. Kindly help me resolve the issue.
regards
Ritz

Comments

• Options
    PDPD Member Posts: 4
    In a form, if you don't change the CaptionML of the TextBox, Navision will defaultly take the translation from the corresponding field of its source table. Normally, translations should be done in tables; in this case, you should export the translation of the table 18 Customer instead of the form Customer Card.

Regards
  • Options
    riteshritesh Member Posts: 24
    Hi PD
    Thnx ..
    I could have surely dont that but I need to make changes to the Exported file (Change the Captions) and then Import it back into the system. And another thing is that exporting only the Form is much easier to understand.
    regards
    Ritz
    PD wrote:
    In a form, if you don't change the CaptionML of the TextBox, Navision will defaultly take the translation from the corresponding field of its source table. Normally, translations should be done in tables; in this case, you should export the translation of the table 18 Customer instead of the form Customer Card.

Regards
  • Options
    PDPD Member Posts: 4
    As far as I know, when the translation of a form is exported, it only includes the caption for only some controls such as: Form, TabControl, Button... but it does NOT include translation for TextBox which its SourceExpr links to a field in a table.

In my opion, you should do the translation in forms only in the case you want to overwrite the existing translation from the table. Besides that, translations in table will affect to all the relevant forms, for example, if you do the translation in the table Customer, its translation will be applied to all the forms that use the table Customer as a SourceTable such as: Customer Card, Customer List... and also to concerned dataitems in reports.

Regards
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And don't forget, that in the translation file are in -Axxxx- codes language ID. If you export english caption and want to translate it, change the code to the target language ID (or use Localization workbanch)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.