New Menusuite menu objects displayed in wrong sequence

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi,

This may have been answered before, but I did try searching the forum for a solution.

I'm using the Classic Client in NAV2009. I've created in menusuite object 90 some new menus, and moved them up to the top of the list (They list only the items that users use in each functional area.)

When I run the menus logged in as myself, the menus work fine.

However, when a DIFFERENT user logs in, my new menu buttons are scattered among the list of menu items. For example, the menu which I positioned at the top originally is near the bottom of the list, with all the "standard" menus in between. The second one is at the top, and the third one is also at the bottom. A screenshot is attached.

Has anyone discovered or documented the logic that menusuite uses to "merge" the MBS, Region and Company menusuites? I've tried to trace through the GUIDS in each of the objects to see if I could discover the logic, but I haven't been able to.

Thanks in advance

Ron
Ron

Answers

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Maybe the user changed the order himself. Did you try to copy your User Menu Level to the mentioned user? There is a table 2000000061 "User Menu Level" and within there should be an entry for you and the user. Delete the user's entry of Level type "User Changes", copy your entry and assigned it to the user. Be sure that no user with this login name is signed on.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Maybe the user changed the order himself. Did you try to copy your User Menu Level to the mentioned user? There is a table 2000000061 "User Menu Level" and within there should be an entry for you and the user. Delete the user's entry of Level type "User Changes", copy your entry and assigned it to the user. Be sure that no user with this login name is signed on.

Thank you for the reminder about this table. I was testing a new userid myself, but I deleted the User Menu Level record and let it get recreated "fresh" (an entry to this table is automatically created as soon as a user logs in - even if they don't make any Navigation Pane changes). But once the new record was recreated, the menu appeared as I expected.

I discovered that this entry in the table was in the database I upgraded from - it is a 3.70 database, but we are running under the 5.0 client and not using Navigation Panes (still on the 3.70-style menus). But there WERE some "rogue" records in this table in the 3.70 database that came over during the upgrade.

Thanks again.

Ron
    Ron