how to get who has created, edited or deleted masters in NAV

vipin_poulosevipin_poulose Member Posts: 36
Dear friends,
i have a client which is using NAV2009 sp1, and they many number of users creating customer masters. some one is not entering the customer master and vendor master properly. so i cannot be identify who is entering the data incorrectly..
is there any way to identify which has created or edited a particular customer master ( cust001, cust002,etc..) master as like the G/L register and voucher register which is having the provision to identify which user is posted a particular entry.

please help me if anyone having a solution.

thanks in advance...... :):):):)

Comments

• matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    Dear friends,
    i have a client which is using NAV2009 sp1, and they many number of users creating customer masters. some one is not entering the customer master and vendor master properly. so i cannot be identify who is entering the data incorrectly..
    is there any way to identify which has created or edited a particular customer master ( cust001, cust002,etc..) master as like the G/L register and voucher register which is having the provision to identify which user is posted a particular entry.

please help me if anyone having a solution.

thanks in advance...... :):):):)

Hi

You can activate the "Change Log" funtionality: Check your license for Granule "3080 General Ledger - Change Log" presence.

You can find more information searching nav help.

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • vipin_poulosevipin_poulose Member Posts: 36
    hi Eto,

thank you so much for ur post. i checked it and it is there in my license.

could you please tell me how to use the Change log function and how it will work?
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    hi Eto,

thank you so much for ur post. i checked it and it is there in my license.

could you please tell me how to use the Change log function and how it will work?

Hi

Administration -> IT Administration -> General Setup -> [Change Log Setup]

Enable "Change Log Activated" checkbutton

Setup Button -> Tables

The search table "18 Customer" and on "Log Insertion" Column choose "Some Fields"
    Then click its AssistButton [...] and Enable "No." Field.

Now every time an user will insert a new customer, an entry log will be created.

The entry Log can be found here:
    Administration -> IT Administration -> General Setup -> [Change Log]

Warning: logging activity is very costly if applied to tables like Sales Orders or Purchase Orders. The user activity can slowndown and your entry log grow and grow and grow...

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
    thank you so much ETO..... i can surely do it as you said...........
    but i didnt get about the costly factor.... and this company having presently more than 13000 customers in NAV and another 100 customers will come each week or month. then is there any problem to use change log entries?????

thanking you.....
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Limit the change log to only fields you need to track. There is no sense in tracking fields that the user cannot directly change. Also review and purge the log on a regular basis to control its size.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    ok ETO ......thank you so much........ =D> =D> =D> :D:D:D:D:D
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!