Options

NAV2009 - a Telesales requirement

msmith6671msmith6671 Member Posts: 5
Just wondering if anyone is aware of a NAV add-on that will address my customers telesales requirement?

The customer processes a high volume of sales orders per day (>1000) and the key requirement is to be able to establish a sales order template by customer containing items normally purchased, and have the new sales order, following customer selection, auto populated with the template details such that the user simply has to enter qtys.

Nice to have would be additional features like:
a) global delete of an obsolete item from templates
b) promotion type function such that an item can be marked as a promo item and auto appear in the customers template for a period
c) if new item ordered by customer, its auto added to template for next time
d) upsell function - if cust orders item A, system auto prompts user to suggest cust also buy item B

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    In Dynamics NAV it is possible to do most of this. You can create Standard Customer Sales Codes that contain Items for customers.

To maintain the Sales Codes to meet your requirements is a relatively small customisation.

For Items there is something called substitutions that could be used/changed to meet the upselling requirements.

1000 sales orders per/day is no problem as long as the system is properly configured on the correct hardware etc.
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    its been a while since i have worked back home in oz.

Mark answered your questions fairly well i thought i may just add to it.

a) global delete of an obsolete item from templates

If you block an item in a standard sales code and then then try to insert it into an order using Get STD sales code it will say "item x Blocked must not be yes" stopping the code from being used.
    So as mark said a customisation would be required here.

b) promotion type function such that an item can be marked as a promo item and auto appear in the customers template for a period

Sound similiar to a sales campagin, IF the customer doesn't usually buy this item causing an insert into the code could lead to sales orders processed with unwanted items.

c) if new item ordered by customer, its auto added to template for next time

I would be looking to use sales analysis reports and views by a per customer basis, this would give you the highest yield of showing sales by date etc. This would allow marketing people
    to see if an item is consistently purchased or is seasonal etc

d) upsell function - if cust orders item A, system auto prompts user to suggest cust also buy item B

This seems more focused towards using BOM's or kits EG a Phone has accessories so two item exist the Phone and the phone with Kit.
    Modidy a prompt to appear so that items with linked kits appears when entered on the sales line

There are quite a few retail addons that address your needs but most are aimed towards the POS store environment.

For only 1000 orders a day you may find it exspensive beyond the customer requirements VS creatify modifcations yourself.

I have gone done this way myself before and it will depend on the type of retail area your customer is involved with.

hope it helps
  • Options
    douglasddouglasd Member Posts: 6
    Hi, just came across your post while looking for something else and thought I would drop you a quick note. We have developed a telesales system for NAV2009 with functionality similiar to what you describe and are in the process of getting it registered with Microsoft and also upgrading it to NAV2013. The product is called Talon Target and you can obtain further details at www.talonsys.co.uk.

Best Regards

Doug