Service Contract Foreign Currency

RXSauraavRXSauraav Member Posts: 5
Hello All,

I am trying fix an issue with Service Contracts. Here is my challenge:

1. I choose a customer which has a foreign currency in currency code
2. Create a service contract for this customer; the currency code automatically appears in the service contract header
3. Enter the contract amount for e.g. 1200 for 12 months
4. Now I sign the contract

Problem:
5. When I run the routine Create Service Invoice from the contract; it creates the invoice in LCY ???? If I go to the invoice created; even the currecy code is set to the foreign currency; so for e.g. instead of creating the invoice for $100 it will create the invoice $236; but the header still has the foreign currency set ??????

I am not sure where does the system get confused; or I am missing something.. I am trying to find the piece where service line is passed but looks like the wrong amount is passed

Can anyone please point me the right direction ... help is really apprecaited

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    What version are you using, quick test in 09 sp1 showed it worked straight away.

Perhaps it is the type of lines you have that cause the issue?

In my case it went stright to the customer of type found their EURO and the invoice was fine.

Have you setup the service item line with a service price group with a specific currency ?

A little more information is required though to know what is causing it.

The test i would do to see whats happening is swapping the service invoice currency on the foregin tab then change it back to see if the invoice is updated correctly.
  • RXSauraavRXSauraav Member Posts: 5
    They must have fixed it in 2009, I was looking 5.0 SP1, I was able to find the culprit .. it was Service Management Codeunit