Search for table fields within a number range?

djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
Hey developers, I'm looking for an easy way to find fields in a bunch of tables (edit: in every table in an entire DB) that fall into a certain number range... is there some handy tool that I could use to do that? As an example, if I wanted to find customized US DB fields, I could find all of them in the 50xxx range, or another range for another country, etc...

Thanks in advance!!
"OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
"Show All..."
"Oh..."

Answers

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Use the Form Wizard, and create a Tabular-Type Form for Table Field. Put all fields on the form and click Preview. You now see all tables with all fields. You are now able to filter on "No.", if you only want to see fields in the range 50xxx.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Holy crap, you're my hero.
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    but be carefull. The "table" is editable...
    Regards
    Peter
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    pdj wrote:

You mean you can change field/table names from within that form?
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    djswim wrote:
    pdj wrote:
    You mean you can change field/table names from within that form?
    Yes. It will mark the table as Modified and sets data and time, so it is not hidden in any way.
    You can even use it in your code - i.e. in an internal tools to expand fields.
    Give it a try in a test-db - it can actually be very nice, but as I said: "Be carefull"... :-k

Edit: I doubt you can change tabelnames through it, but then you could just use the Object tabel.
    Regards
    Peter