Integrate phone system into Navision 5.0

axpressaxpress Member Posts: 6
Hi!
I want to integrate office phone system into MS Dynamics NAV 5.0. Can I ask for some solution? What kind of hardware and extra software I need to solve my problem! I have phone central and modem. My system running windows xp...maybe I can use build in dialler or there is any other software?

Maybe I just cant find right keywords to find information!
Sorry for my English.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    All depends on the system you are using.

E.g. we are using Microsoft Office Communication Server connected with our VoIP gateway and I can dial number from NAV just by opening hyperlink in form "tel:123456". Of course, incoming connection could be handled too but it need some extra programming and creating automation for NAV.

Standard NAV is using TAPI to dial the numbers.

But all depends on what you mean with "I want to integrate office phone system into MS Dynamics NAV 5.0". Can you be more specific what you are expecting from this integration?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • axpressaxpress Member Posts: 6
    When the phone is ringing, a screen pops up - directly from Microsoft Dynamics NAV - showing the customer’s data. And I want to make call directly from MS Dynamics NAV files.
    I already find one solution Visiophone, but is it the best choice..
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    As I wrote, it is question of "drivers" - it means how the phone system is connected. If through some modem, VoIP etc. and finding some prepared solution or trying to develop own solution...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • axpressaxpress Member Posts: 6
    I have simple isdn network with Network Termination Units and Telephone Central. Only provider can program it.
    First of all I want to operate with outgoing calls. Idea of system:
    When I click on customer telephone number, system starts to call and redirect this call to my table phone by using TAPI and computer build in modem.