Creating Sales Prices for a Campaign

chrisgillan1979chrisgillan1979 Member Posts: 3
I am a training to be a NAV consultant and have come across a scenario which i hope you can assist with. When a sales price campaign is created for an item and is linked to a specific segment, regardless of whether a customer is set within the specifics of the campaign / segment, the campaign price appears on sales quotes and sales orders even though a customer is not set within the parameters of the campaign / segment. This also applies regardless of inputting the campaign number into the header of the sales quote or sales order.

For example, the criteria I set within the segment was Business Relations = Customers and Job Responsibilities = Purchase. The campaign price is also offered to Customers who have a job responsibility different than Purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    IF you are doing your training i am assuming you followed the manual for creating sales campagins?

So under your Campagin you have created a campagin price group linked to specfic items with perhaps date and other parameters.

It sounds like the parameters in your segment are the issue. EG find a customer or customer contact that you know shopuld not be in this segment base on
    Business Relations = Customers and Job Responsibilities = Purchase
    you should then follow the contact and see what segments they are linked to.

It may be your filter on the segment is setup incorrectly, i doubt its a bug a similiar scenario worked for me in cronus
  • chrisgillan1979chrisgillan1979 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your reply,

Yes, I was following the manual for creating Sales Campaigns.

I have now discovered where I have gone wrong. I changed the Job Responsibility for a Contact from Purchasing to Marketing, after the segment criteria was originally created for Job Responsibility = Purchasing. I then re-ran the segment wizard to include Job Responsibility = Purchasing. On doing this, the same contact still appeared within the segment criteria even though I had changed the Contact to Job Responsibility = Marketing. What I realise now is that I should have DELETED the segment lines before running the segment wizard, and then re-run the segment wizard. After doing this, the correct number of segment lines was displayed.

Thanks again.