Windows 7 and NAV 2009

HeleneMHeleneM Member Posts: 5
Hi Guys

I have a client with windows 7 desktop and have loaded the Cside/client for Nav Classic originally with no issue other than it was not reporting GST for NZ but VAT for UK.

I have tried to reload the correct version but am receiving errors and that particular computer is still reading VAT and not GST like the rest of the desktops

I know that windows 7 treats permissions a little differently and have installed using Administrator permissions.

Any clues?

Comments

• TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Have you tried to change the language?

All the fields are called VAT in the background but changed by using the correct Language...

Try changing the language in NAV and see if that fixes it for you.

t
  • HeleneMHeleneM Member Posts: 5
    Hi Tony. Many thanks for taking the time to respond.

I know it sounds weird but the language is fine (English - New Zealand) and I have checked the ENA and ENZ files and all good there.

I am going to do an uninstall/re-install to see if that makes any difference. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again
    Hey Helene,

Where about's are you getting the VAT show up in the application? In the field captions, Tax Area Code field? where?

t
    Hi there

Ii is in the field captions eg: on Sales Invoice, Invoicing Tab is showing as VAT bus. posting group instead of GST BPG and in master files customer card/invoicing tab etc.
    Can you design one of the tables where you are seeing the "VAT". Choose the field, and look at the CaptionML under the properties... there should be ENZ and it should give you your correct caption.

If the captions are correct for ENZ then the NAV Runtime language is not correct. The only other thing would be that the ENZ Language layer is not there, or someone has set the captions incorrectly...

t
    Thanks Tony. I will check and let you know how I get on

Many thanks for being so helpful :D