Options

RTC connection Problem (cant find server)

TobiasPurklTobiasPurkl Member Posts: 7
edited 2010-07-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hello Community,

I'm trying to setup a Three Tier Environment on Two Computers.
One, a virtual Machine, is my Server.

These are the Steps I've made:
  • Installed Windows Server 2008 on the VPC
  • Installed MSSQL on Server
  • Installed NAV Server on Server
  • Installed Databse Components with Demo Database on Server
  • Installed RTC on Host PC which will be the client.
  • Installed RTC Client on Server
Are there any further Steps I have forgotten?
I Installed the RTC on the server to try if I can make a local connection to the Database, which works very well.
As soon as I try to connect to the server from the Client, I get a connection error which says something like "Server was not found"

Named Pipes and TCP/IP are enabled on SQL Server.
No errors when pinging the server from client.
No errors when telnet the port 7046 from client.

All firewalls are switched off.

Any Ideas how to solve that problem?

edit:
Perhaps it's important that I don't use the server as domain controller. but I don't think so because the server is not even found by the client, else it might say something like wrong user...

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) CHeck on the server where the mid-tier should be running that it is really running and there are no errors in the event log
    2) If the NST is on different serverthan SQL, you need to set the SPNs correctly. Just read the documentation on MSDN and use the Best Practices analyzer for NAV 2009 to test your setting.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    MallikarjunaMallikarjuna Member Posts: 64
    Hi,

View this link - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=41962

It may help you...

Thanks,
    Mallikarjuna
  • Options
    TobiasPurklTobiasPurkl Member Posts: 7
    That is the Result from the best practice analyzer:
    32-bit operating system was detected. :
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server is running on a 32-bit edition of the Windows operating system.

Delegation should work correctly. :
    A Microsoft Dynamics NAV database is installed on the server computer.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Setup has been used to install the product. :
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Setup has been used to install the product.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server is running under account [NT Authority\NetworkService]. That is acceptable for two-tier systems. :
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server is running under account [NT Authority\NetworkService]. That is acceptable for two-tier systems.

SQL Server has been configured to work with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1. :
    Address any warnings and align with Microsoft Dynamics NAV best practices that are defined in this tool and in the documentation.

The Service is really running, but I don't know where to find it's eventlog.
    The Service is on the same Computer as the SQL Server, so the Walkthrough for 3 Tiers on 3 Computers doesn't help me much, but when installing it, I followed the other walkthrough for the 3 Tiers on 2 Computers..
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Event log is the standard event log you can find in the administration tools (where the system log and application log are).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.