Licence In NAVISION

bekiobekio Member Posts: 204
Hello everybody,

First of all i work in Microsoft Partner Company, so we have a development licence.
I have added som fields in table Cust. Ledger Entry to be saved when posting a sales order. With our client licence that is not development licence but just basic, when it tryies to post it displays a message like in the picture.

How this can be resolved, does this has to be purchased on licence, and which granule or wich part of licence has to be ordered.

Any help!

Thanks, :?

Answers

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Hmmm, how did you design your solution.

Extra fields in the Customer Ledger Entries should be populated in Codeunit 12 via the Genereal Journal Line. If your solution is designer like that you should be ok.

This error indicates that the change has meen made in another object that does not have permissions to change the CLE.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    If the solution is not developped in cu 12, but directly on the table, then you'll have to upgrade the license.
    I would not recommend it because the customer ledger entry table is a posting table, and if the client can edit this table it can cause faults. So in this I would redesign the solution.
    If the solution is developped in a report/codeunit/... then you should look into the object properties for permissions.
    There you can give an object the permission to read/write/edit/delete tabledata. (descriped as table). This gives you the option to access tables which can not be altered due to the license. Do mind if you insert records in a tabel which is not included in the license, it can give errors.
    See codeunit 12 for an example.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Sog wrote:
    If the solution is not developped in cu 12, but directly on the table, then you'll have to upgrade the license.
    I would not recommend it because the customer ledger entry table is a posting table, and if the client can edit this table it can cause faults. So in this I would redesign the solution.

Just to point out that there are certain fields in the Cust. Ledger entry which are allowed to modfied after posting:
    Due Date/On-Hold : Can be manually entered/modified.
    Various fields of Discount: Changed by programme while doing transactions.

We had on several occassions created customized fields in Cust. Ledger Entry which are modified by the client after posting (manual entry/thru coding). I feel there is nothing wrong with that and moreover License allows that.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Sog wrote:

Customer license files cannot be "upgraded" to allow direct modification to Ledger Entries... GAAP breach I believe.

Check out Codeunit 103

However if you have multiple fields in the customer ledger entry table that you are editing (I/M/D) post-posting you may want to re investigate your design.

I am not sure what localisation of database you are using but in the NA I know for sure you can use Codeunit 10201 Transfer Custom fields to help you populate CLE's at post time correctly. (not sure if its in other localisations)

t
  • mrsamrsa Member Posts: 35
    You have to mess with security, object that modify CLE must have permission on modify CLE (properties: Permissions: TableData Cust. Ledger Entry=rm). Then try to run this object with customer licence and SUPER role, this should be possible (Synchronize login before). After that you can start play with role permissions (inderct access, etc ...)