NAV MFG Calc. Low Level Code Funtionality.

ALyczkowskiALyczkowski Member Posts: 33
Hello all,

We are upgrading from a 3.60 database to NAV2009 SP1 (classic Client). I noticed after doing some testing that the "Calc. Low-Level Code" Functionality in 3.60 outperformed the same functionality in 2009. (15 Minutes in 3.6, 2-3 hrs in 2009). Both are called from CU 99000853.

As this functionality Locks several Tables (Item, Production BOM Line, Production BOM Header) while executing, it really put a strain on our business. I strongly encourage my users to perform this function daily to prevent any Looped Bills of Material, but At this amount of time where these 3 tables are locked, the users simply will not perform this task.

Do you have any ideas as to why the Routine takes so much more time, and/or any Suggestions on how I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Alan

Comments

• KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    Alan,
    I have no idea why the increase in time, but have you tried to change the Manufacturing Setup to Dynamically Change the Low Level Code. This will recalculate each time you change the BOM and specifically target only the items impacted. It can have a negative impact, but most of the time it won't be noticeable. I would test this and see.
    Good Luck,
    Karen
  • ALyczkowskiALyczkowski Member Posts: 33
    Karen

I will test this and discuss it with my users. Thanks for the suggestion.

Alan