Options

Importing stock level into Navision

harm.poelenharm.poelen Member Posts: 36
Hi there,

I am doing an impementation with a client that wants to import the current stock (number of items on the shelf) automatically. Can any body give me a hint on wwhich tables should be set, which things I should take into concideration, etc.

The client has two locations and uses mandatory Bin registration for 1 of the locations.

Thanks in advance!
CANE Microsoft Solutions BV
Prins Hendrikplein 14
2518 JC DEN HAAG
The Netherlands
http://www.cane.nl

Comments

• Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hello,

The basic consept is to use standard functionality. I have done this already by using a dataport to insert lines to the Inventory->Item Journals with a specific Batch Name.

You can specify the location and the bin there.

That way after the import, somebody can review and post the journal.
  • Options
    chaswinchaswin Member Posts: 54
    The only way to do it is thru the item journal. That way you can always navigate and the auditors are also kept happy. I presume you want to post a single journal line per stock item/location/bin?

Just remember to set up a take on account for the other side of the stock ledger entries. (You can specify an alternative posting account in the item journal batch header). You can then offset this amount against the GL balance takeon. (Otherwise the amount is duplicated in the inventory account(s)).

That amounts to debit stock, credit takeon account. (Item journal) Then credit stock, debit takeon account after GL takeon.