Control Form Filter opened from a calcfield

IrishGiriIrishGiri Member Posts: 61
Hi all,

I have a calcfield on the Item card that sums the real cost of all ICs for a product maintained in an IC Cost Table as records of Type::Real. Also, I will have the option to add Target costs in this IC table as records of Type::Target.

I want to allow the user to remove the Item No. filter from the form that opens when accessed from the calcfield so that they can see all the Real Costs for all Items if they wish (Maybe they want to copy to Excel and find the total etc. etc.).

But I don't want to allow the user to see Target costs from this calcfield. Currently, if the user selects Show All they can see everything.

How can I tailor a calcfield to open a form with the same characteristics as say a SubFormLink which does allow you to control the minimum filters available to a user without giving them the ability to see everything in a Table??

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated,

IrishGiri :P

Comments

• bala_firstbala_first Member Posts: 7
    IrishGiri wrote:
    Hi all,

I have a calcfield on the Item card that sums the real cost of all ICs for a product maintained in an IC Cost Table as records of Type::Real. Also, I will have the option to add Target costs in this IC table as records of Type::Target.

I want to allow the user to remove the Item No. filter from the form that opens when accessed from the calcfield so that they can see all the Real Costs for all Items if they wish (Maybe they want to copy to Excel and find the total etc. etc.).

But I don't want to allow the user to see Target costs from this calcfield. Currently, if the user selects Show All they can see everything.

How can I tailor a calcfield to open a form with the same characteristics as say a SubFormLink which does allow you to control the minimum filters available to a user without giving them the ability to see everything in a Table??

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated,

IrishGiri :P

hi,

You can try Filtergroup(val) function in on openform for this requirement....

val: 1 or 2...etc..