Error While sending SMTP Mail from Navision

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I am trying to send the mail from navision using the SMTP Mail Cdu.

when i try to sned by clcking a menu , it is showing me the following error.

"The SMTP mail system returned the following error.(0X8004020E).The server rejected the sender address."

But when i try to send mail from outlook directly, the mail is sent without any problem.

If anybody knows the cause for the error, Kindly tell me how to rectify this error.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chandru.

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    What's your Authentication type in SMTP Mail Setup (form 409)?

If users can send emails through outlook, you could try define same SMTP server as you are using for outlook adn select Authentication as NTLM in order to use Windwos Logins.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You have to setup your SMTP Server correctly. If you are using Exchange, here are some tips: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/Sho ... &SiteID=17
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi Tomas,

I have selected the SMTP Setup similar to Outlook configuration and I have set the windows authentication as NTLM still I am getting the same error as I have mentioned in the first post.

Kindly let me know how to overcome this error.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Chandru.
  • manjusreemanjusree Member Posts: 79
    Hi all,

I am also getting the same error in SMTP mail. But this issue comes for only one user. For all the others, its working fine. What would be the reason for this?. How can I correct it for that single user?.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
    Manju