Eliminating the blank spaces if there is no data

bonziebonzie Member Posts: 15
edited 2010-07-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

my previous post was about the extended text line on the report, not it is working correctly and i found another problem on my report, it is Order Confirmation report but I have modified few items on it.
The problem is If there is no text line below the description, it always show a blank lines.

Is it possible to automatically set the next item to be on the next row if there is no extended text line on the report?
Because usually my company need 4 rows below the description to show the extended text, and sometimes they dont use it, and it shows a blank row (indicated by the red marker on the attached pic).

Is there any properties or any code I should use? btw im working this in RTC and using Visual Studio Report Designer

Any kind of help will be much appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Stasha

Answers

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    I am not sure what you have done exactly(customize).
    Write it on onpresection trigger from where blank space printing
    CurrReport.ShowOutput(standardtext <> ' ');

• bonziebonzie Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the reply vijay!

The customization was only the design and the positions and also the additional fields in the reports.

I know nothing abuot coding/programming since im a business student so what I have done only as far as the positioning of the textbox.

Below the descriptions i put the text line fields, i'll show you another screenshot of the Visual Studio Report Design then.

I think those 2 fields that i marked create the blank line when it is empty.

Is the code gonna work also in RTC since im using Visual Studio.

Thanks !
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    bonzie wrote:
    I know nothing abuot coding/programming since im a business student so what I have done only as far as the positioning of the textbox.

Your welcome!!!
    your case is totally based on technical you will have to use two more sections for blank spaces..
    1. current section should be only for those text boxes those coming before blank spaces.
    2. another(you will have to add) will be only for blank spaces
    3. remaning will be in last section.

i suggest you to please consider to any technical person..
  • bonziebonzie Member Posts: 15
    Hi vijay,
    i have found the solutions for this

It turns out you can play a little bit with the visibility options and put expressions on it.

I put =IIF(Fields!Sales_Line___Description_2_.Value<>"" = "1",false,true) in the row visibility options, and it turns out just the way i wanted!

Thank you for your kind suggestions!