combine shipments

NoiK00NoiK00 Member Posts: 51
Hi fellow forummers,

I have a question about Combine shipments(Batch and manually). With this function, if i see the context right, you can combine shipments to 1 invoice.

By default i saw it adds an shipmentnumber before the shipmentlines, is it possible to define what is printed here with some own information?

Besides that why when an shipment has more than one line(more than one product), the adding of shipmentnumber is done for every line in the shipment? Isn't that a bit overkill? Or is it just a setting in my version that isn't correct?

Thanks in advance, and i hope to learn from this forum :D

Answers

• kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    On the standard NAV, if a shipment has multiple lines, the shipment number is only added once into the invoice.
    You'll have to compare your code with the standard one and see why is this happening.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • NoiK00NoiK00 Member Posts: 51
    Thanks for the reply kitik

I have checked the code, i can't seem to see anything weird about it.

Here i got some screenshots, hopefully they will help...
    getshipments.JPG
    List of shipmentlines

header.JPG
    Showing the problem

headerinfo.JPG
    here is what i set for header text

Is it some kind a setting somewhere?

Thanks,
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    :-k I thought you were talking about the system inserting a line like this: 'Shipment No. XXX:'
    No setup here.

Can't find the form "Combine Shipments Header Text" in my Std NAV. Is it new on NAV 2009 or is it some local functionallity?

Anyway you could take a look at function InsertInvLineFromShptLine from the Sales Shipment Line table.
    The text line is probarly inserted there. At least it is how it works in my NAV ;-)

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Take a look at table 111. There is a function here which copies the selected shipment lines into the new invoice.
    In this function you can make you own modifications.

The field on the customer card is not standard NAV. At least not in DE, FR, GB or ES.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting