Expiry Date Calculation Formula

jaiverma2k2jaiverma2k2 Member Posts: 112
edited 2010-07-22 in Navision Financials
Hi All,

I required a item wise Expiry date calculation formula.

On item i created a Item Tracking Code
In Expiration Calculation i put 36M, but system not calculating the expiry date,
please suggest, what is missing.

Regards,
Jai Verma
Regards,
Jai Verma

Comments

• jaiverma2k2jaiverma2k2 Member Posts: 112
    I've try +36M but still the expiry date is not populate.

i'm trying this in Item Jounal, i just put the Positive entry, enter the quantity and then entering the Lot no.
    Lot. No. series is mapped with item.
    Manufacture Date is also entered manually (is there any way so the documate date is populate as mfg. date), then as per mfg. date system should populate the Expiry Date.

Still the Expiration Date is not populating.

Please suggest.
    Regards,
    Jai Verma
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I believe the Expiration Date in the item journal has a different meaning then on the item card.
    Read this...
    Expiration Date Field
    The Item Journal Line Table
    Enter the last date on which the recurring journal will be posted, if you have indicated in the Recurring field of the journal template that the journal be a recurring journal.

The field determines the date on which the line will be posted for the last time.

By using this field you can enter a line in the journal even though it will only be posted for a limited period. The line will not be posted after the date shown in the field.

The advantage of using the field is that the line will not be deleted from the journal immediately and you can always replace the present expiration date with a later one so that you can use the line further into the future.

If the field is blank, the line will be posted every time you post until it is deleted from the journal.
  • jaiverma2k2jaiverma2k2 Member Posts: 112
    Expiration Date NOT in the Item Journal, in Item Journal i just putting the Positive Entry.

i'm talking abt the Expiration Date in Item Tracking Line
    Regards,
    Jai Verma
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I've try +36M but still the expiry date is not populate.

i'm trying this in Item Jounal
    I was confused :?