Options

Import web services in page

rbenninkrbennink Member Posts: 18
edited 2010-07-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hello all,

First I have to say that I'm a functional consultant so my technical knowledge is limited.

I just want to know if it's possible to import a web service in a page of Dynamics NAV.
One of our suppliers have a web services available for item stock.
I want to show this stock (of the supplier) on our Item Page.

I only read to share (export) web services. It should be possible to show this information, isn't it?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Ronnie Bennink

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    see if this helps:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Documentation
    Working with Web Services

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd355036.aspx
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    see if this helps:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Documentation
    Working with Web Services

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd355036.aspx

These are al examples of sharing and creating web services.
    There is always a possibility to create a form and combine the web service of NAV and the web service of the supplier. But is's nicer to have that information in a page.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    there are a ton of links on that page:
    Designing Web Services

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd355339.aspx

not just under "SEE" but on the left side too.
    Look thru them to see if they answer your problem.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You cannot easilly connect the Page directly to the webservice. You need to take the webservice as source for your data.

Possible process is:

Connect to the webservice, process the resulting XML file with the data into some temporary table. Display a page over this temp table.

It is on you when the temp table will be filled in (OnOpen, some predefined periode into real table etc.).

How to consume webservice is another question, but there are examples for this...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    You cannot easilly connect the Page directly to the webservice. You need to take the webservice as source for your data.

Possible process is:

Connect to the webservice, process the resulting XML file with the data into some temporary table. Display a page over this temp table.

It is on you when the temp table will be filled in (OnOpen, some predefined periode into real table etc.).

How to consume webservice is another question, but there are examples for this...

Hi Kamil,

Thanks for you answer. I think that your solution (to drop the result of the XML file into a temporary table) will be the best solution. I didn't think about that.
    I'm still a little bit curious about the examples. Do you have any examples?

Greetings,
    Ronnie