Import from excel

bangswitbangswit Member Posts: 265
hi, can navision import from excel?
but the excel format is not like Listing ....
it's like Card model
can we do that?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you are able to code the algorithm from which cell you will read which value, than yes, you can. Just read the sheet into excel buffer and then loop through the records and process them.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Have a look at report 81 "Import Budget from Excel": using ExcelBuf.ReadSheet; it reads the Excel sheet in a temporary table "Excel Buffer".
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • JimyBijuJimyBiju Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I have created a table which contains a field with code data type.Then I wrote code to import data from excel to NAV table.The data is imported ,but not properly.The data is imported by calling the function ReadSheet() in the Excel Buffer table.
    Ex.
    The excel value is 20000000.But when it is imported to table, the value is changed to 20,000,000. How can I correct that

If I change the format of Excel column to text and press F2 in the cells, then the data will be imported properly. Can I do it from navision using C/SIDE
    You can use DELCHR to remove the ',' characters:
    ExcelBuffer."Cell Value as Text" := DELCHR(ExcelBuffer."Cell Value as Text",'=',',');

No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • JimyBijuJimyBiju Member Posts: 5
    hi Luc Van Dyck,

The Excel value will be stored to a field of code type. The Excel data may be '1540-0178-01','00000094','20000000' or 'MS00002,MS00003' . So that as you said I can't use DELCHR .

Any other option???????? :-k
    You said this before
    JimyBiju wrote:
    The excel value is 20000000.But when it is imported to table, the value is changed to 20,000,000.
    so I assumed the data was stored with "," in the table.

If it's not, then what's the problem?